More helpers are needed to ease the load on those doing such a superb job. Anyone who can lend a hand once a month (or even just once every 2 months – every little helps) to prepare food Friday afternoons at 2.00pm-3.30pm; cook or plate from 5.30pm – 7.30pm; cashier from 5.30pm – 7.30pm or serve at the bar Fridays your assistance would be greatly appreciated. We already have a wonderful team of about 40 volunteers who make this all happen but more are needed to cover holidays and nomads! It’s not difficult, in fact it is quite fun and a wonderful way to make new friends and feel a part of your community. Anyone helping out will be rewarded with a complimentary meal (value $13.00) and drink (value $3.50) when rostered and of course, we always say a big thank you to our volunteers at our end-of-year volunteers’ Xmas function. Speaking of rosters, I would like to say a very big welcome to Committee to Sandra Sanders who has taken over from Sue Watson as our Roster Co-ordinator. A great big thank you to Sue who has done a wonderful job and continues to contribute as a Committee Member.
There are also other RHPA activities where you can volunteer if the food side of things is not your cup of tea. Projects such as: River Heads Reserve, Walking Tracks @ River Heads; Community Garden @ River Heads; Kids’ Skatepark @ River Heads; Ground maintenance @ community hall; Radio @ River Heads, Library @ River Heads.. Please phone 4125 8165 or mobile 0499992442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. Speaking of the Library, we will shortly be expanding this service to include DVD borrowing, so if you have some good quality used DVDs you would like to donate please deliver them to the Hall. Imagine on a cold and wet weekend only having to pop down the hall for a DVD instead of travelling into town.
New RHPA members are also always welcome. Just $10 per year provides you with membership of a very wonderful community club being the River Heads Progress Assn and other membership benefits such as:
· Free meal on your birthday
· Entry in weekly membership draw
· 15% discount on barge tickets
· Reduced rate for hall hire
· Reduced rate for advertising in Review
· Free entry to functions on the deck where an entry fee is applicable (excludes major functions)
· Electronic delivery of River Heads Review link direct to your In Box
· Hard copy River Heads Review available at Hall and River Heads Property Sales
· Various activities at the hall such as Quilting, Zumba, Line Dancing, Indoor Bowls, Community Garden & Tuesday free morning tea and computer classes; free Library (including games, jig-saws and puzzles), free DVD borrowing
· Being part of something wonderful and rewarding!